Monday 1 July 2013

IBM CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE 2013



Hi everyone!

I attended the IBM off campus drive which took place in Ghaziabad on 25th Jan 2013.
It started with document verification. They were calculating our percentages using calculators, as they were not allowing students with less than 70 % in their B.Tech and less than 65% in 10th and 12th.

1st round: 

It consist of 18 questions of series and 18 questions of aptitude. This round was not so easy and not so tough. 

Series was quite easy,solve it calmly. Actually each question was having a timer with it of 2:15 sec but you will be able to solve series in that much time time period easily.

Aptitude was very logical, most of the questions were from percentage concepts,you have to be quick in your calculations. they allowed us to use system calculator.

Then after 1st round they announced the result after 25-30 minutes. I cleared that round.

2nd Round:

There were 22 questions of English mcqs and you will be provided with 20 minutes.
Questions were easy. Topics covered was punctuation mark question of commas,
Active voice passive voice, question on formal business writing, and question on salutation.

They intimated the result through email. 

3rd round: Took place on 28th Jan 2013.

Group Discussion:

My topic was Should reservation be given to women for their Empowerment.
Guys please speak something here,don't sit idle. And speak relevant points.
First they asked us to give intro about our self then they asked each and everyone to speak about the topic, 30 sec were given to each . After that it was an open discussion for 15-20 min, then they asked each and everyone to give conclusion. 


4th Round was PI(Personal Interview):

Questions were (HR+tech)mixed.

-- Tell me something about yourself which is not written in your resume?

-- Advantages of Java over C++ in the terms of security?

-- Difference between http and https?

-- Which one is better get method or post method?

-- He asked me about the projects.

-- What is Servlet?

and some question I dont remember but they were also not that tough

At last he asked me location Preference.

Then he asked me , do I want to ask him something?

I asked him about the difference in Associate System Engineer and Software Engineer
then I asked about the training period.

He explained each and everything very nicely and clearly.

IBM Recruitment Team is best I must say. They were so kind and gentle.

My result was announced within 10-15 minutes and I was selected:).

Thanks to God.

All the best to you Guys :).

0 comments:

Post a Comment